Log Your Vaccination/Booster(s)
- Before coming to campus, proof of vaccination and boosters must be submitted or a personal declination must be filed with Chapman to maintain access to campus facilities.
- To be considered fully vaccinated, individuals must be current with all available boosters as outlined by the CDC, including the second booster shot for those 50 years and older.
Complete Your Daily Health Screen
- Respond to the Daily Health Screen survey and only come to campus if you are not experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- The survey will be sent daily to campus email addresses or can be accessed at http://www.chapman.edu/amiclear.
- Public Safety officials will be posted at high traffic areas of campus to check for the CLEAR message, indicating campus access is allowed.
- Testing is not required to return to campus from a break.
- Weekly testing is not currently required, nor determined by vaccination status.
- In-person testing is available at no cost on the Orange campus at the COVID-19 Testing Center, 145 Sycamore Avenue, just west of the Student Health Center. Results from this testing site will be automatically entered into the university’s test submission system. The COVID-19 Testing Center building’s access contains two steps with no ramp. If you need assistance, please press the doorbell button on the post outside the door and a staff member will assist you. To make alternative arrangements, please call 714-997-6851 to schedule an appointment. For your appointment, go to the Health Center through the front door at 402 N. Glassell Street.
- At the Rinker campus, at-home test kits are available at no cost in room 110 of building 9401 during business hours.
- Report an off-campus COVID-19 test.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms has access to Chapman COVID-19 testing in the Student Health Center, or the Chapman COVID-19 Testing Center.
- Contact your supervisor or department head if you are required to isolate.
- Employees and student employees may use California’s Supplemental Paid Sick Leave first (up to) 40-hour bank if they are (or have been) unable to work or telework for any of the following reasons between Jan. 1, 2022, and Sept. 30, 2022.
- Both Cal/OSHA and CDPH strongly recommend wearing masks while indoors. We also encourage it on the Chapman shuttles.
- Faculty members may recommend but not require masking in classrooms.
- Anyone is welcome to wear masks indoors and outdoors based on comfort level.
- Face shields are available to faculty by contacting Facilities Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All classes are conducted in-person unless OCHCA or CDPH require remote classes.
At the high-risk community level, face coverings are highly recommended on campus, indoors and on university shuttles.
All faculty, staff and students are required either to submit proof of having all vaccinations and boosters for which they are eligible or to file a personal declination. To be considered fully vaccinated, individuals must be current with all available boosters as outlined by the CDC including the second booster shot for those 50 years and older.
All faculty, staff and students are required to get tested if they have symptoms, those unvaccinated or not current with the eligible booster must test once per week. Report an off-campus COVID-19 test. Anyone in close contact with a person who has Covid must get tested. Students and/or faculty in certain programs (e.g. Dodge College) are required to get tested according to program requirements. Additionally, unvaccinated persons must test once per week.
Learn more about testing options at the Student Health Center or Chapman’s COVID-19 Testing Center.
Daily Health Clear
Residents halls will be occupied based on capacity to provide appropriate isolation space. Non-university visitors will be limited and must complete the Visitor Daily Health Screening.
Have Additional Questions?
Please review this list of frequently asked questions about current coronavirus policies and recent announcements regarding travel, on-campus dining, and school- or department-specific requirements.