In the workplace, faculty members should be aware of the following guidelines.
Log Your Vaccination/Booster(s)
- Based on the advice of California public health agencies, the university continues to recommend remaining current with COVID-19 vaccination and boosters.
- Students, faculty and staff are no longer required to report their vaccination status to Chapman. Some programs on the Rinker campus continue to require vaccination and documentation. Proof of vaccination may be submitted.
- Take action if exposed. Face coverings are recommended if you have symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Anyone is welcome to wear masks indoors and outdoors based on comfort level.
- Faculty members may recommend but not require masking in classrooms.
- Face shields are available to faculty by contacting Facilities Management at email@example.com.
- All employees must complete the COVID-19 Safety Training course and are automatically enrolled in the course on Canvas.
- Testing is not required to return to campus from a break.
- At-home test kits are available at no cost on the Orange campus at the Student Health Center, 402 N. Glassell Street (714-997-6851), and in the Public Safety office at the Rinker campus.
- At the Rinker campus, at-home test kits are available at no cost in room 110 of building 9401 during business hours.
- All faculty must report a positive COVID test to the contact tracing email firstname.lastname@example.org and cooperate fully with Chapman contact tracking and tracing efforts.
- We will continue to follow CDC isolation and precaution recommendations for people with COVID-19.
- Contact your supervisor or department head if you are required to isolate.
- All classes are conducted in-person unless OCHCA or CDPH require remote classes.
Take action if exposed. Face coverings are recommended if you have symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19.
Based on the advice of California public health agencies, the university continues to recommend remaining current with COVID-19 vaccination and boosters. However, students, faculty and staff are no longer required to report their vaccination status to Chapman. Some programs on the Rinker campus continue to require vaccination and documentation. We remain committed to easy access to vaccinations and will continue to offer vaccination clinics on the campuses.
Take action if you are sick or exposed to COVID-19. The university strongly recommends you get tested if you have symptoms. The university continues to provide testing on campus at the COVID-19 Testing Center, 145 Sycamore Avenue, just west of the Student Health Center. For those who test positive either through on-campus or off-campus testing, it is still required that you report the positive result. Report an off-campus COVID-19 test. Employees and student employees remain required by the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health to report positive COVID tests through February 2, 2025. Dodge College of Film and Media Arts will continue to follow film industry and guild protocols. Dodge students and faculty should direct questions to email@example.com.
Daily Health Clear
Beginning Monday, March 20, 2023 the Daily Health Screen is no longer required to access campus facilities and will no longer be emailed daily or available online to the Chapman community.
Have Additional Questions?
Please review this list of frequently asked questions about current coronavirus policies and recent announcements regarding travel, on-campus dining, and school- or department-specific requirements.